WHO CAN ENTER?
All CPRS Toronto members and associates, as well as full-time public relations and marketing professionals in the Greater Toronto and surrounding area are eligible for the ACE Awards. Each campaign or project submitted must be planned, produced and completed within a period of two years prior to the entry deadline (between January 31, 2015 and January 31, 2017). The entrant must have executed or directly managed the project submitted.
Click HERE to start your online application!
FULL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Provide a compelling overview of your program following the RACE formula. This document is the most important component of the submission, which judges use to mark the overall campaign.
- In the executive summary, demonstrate how each part of the program or project influenced the other. How did your research and analysis affect your planning? How did you achieve results within the time and budget constraints? How did you conduct your evaluation? Did your results meet your objectives? Did you face any challenges? What did you learn?
- Executive summary should demonstrate the use and understanding of the RACE formula (Research, Analysis, Communications, and Evaluation) and include a brief description of the strategy, quantifiable objectives, audiences, plans and tactics, budget and restraints, and the results.
- Maximum two pages typed. No less than 10 point font.
- Note for student entries:Executive summary must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement from course instructor.
- Supporting documents should support the executive summary and bring the full campaign to life for the judging team. Supporting documents should include:
- Communication materials
- Screen captures, videos, images (as applicable)
- Metrics, coverage clippings, measurement of results (e.g. media coverage, digital engagement)
- Supporting documents must be uploaded as PDFs. A maximum of four PDFs can be submitted per entry.
A note on Research (and the “R” in RACE)…
- For the submission, please consider ‘research’ in the broadest sense of the word. The definition of research includes any gathering of data, information and facts for the advancement of knowledge. Research could therefore include not only ‘research’ in the traditional sense of doing a study, but also talking to key opinion leaders, the thought that is part of how your media list is compiled, etc. Thus, this section can be thought of as two “Rs” – Research and Rationale.
- The entry must demonstrate how the goals and objectives were clearly thought out, and informed by research.
- The entry’s evaluation measures can also be informed by research.
Click to download the 2017 Ace Award Guidelines.
What do the three award levels mean?
- The ACE Awards recognize three levels of achievement. The award levels are:
- Bronze: 70—79 per cent
- Silver: 80—89 per cent
- Gold: 90—100 per cent
ENTRY FEES – CAMPAIGN ENTRY:
Early Bird Entry Fee (full submission received on or before Friday, February 3, 2017, 11:59 pm EST)
- $100 CPRS Member
- $130 Non-Member
- $25 CPRS Student Member
- $40 Student Non-Member
Entry Fee (full submission received before Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST)
- $130 CPRS Member
- $155 Non-Member
- $40 CPRS Student Member
- $55 Student Non-Member
Please note that payment is only accepted via credit card through the online entry form.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.