CPRS Toronto is a member of the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS). CPRS is a non-profit professional society:
- dedicated solely to the profession called public relations (National Occupational Profile 5124)
- dedicated to serving Canadians through the establishment and maintenance of high professional, educational and ethical standards in public relations
- consisting of 16 member societies across Canada
- member of the Global Alliance, established in 2000 with 100,000 members on 5 continents
CPRS Toronto has its own Constitution, Letters Patent and Bylaws in keeping with the philosophy and standards of the national society. We run a program of professional development events, seminars and networking opportunities and acts as a source of information for what is happening in the profession and CPRS.
The aims and objectives of CPRS Toronto and our individual members are:
- To act in the public welfare in the practice of public relations;
- To establish high standards of public relations;
- To advance the knowledge, skill and competence of the members;
- To promote sound training and education in public relations; and,
- To abide by the national society’s code of ethics.