- Marketing Through Influencing: What You Need To Know To Make it Work November 23, 2017 I remember the first time I saw a paid partnership post in my Instagram feed. My first reaction was confusion: this is fair to the consumers, this is how it is supposed to be, but this will likely ruin everything for the brands and influencers. Who would want to buy this, now that they know ...
- October 24 Event Recap – The PR entrepreneur: Best Practices for Independent Consultants and Boutique Agencies November 1, 2017 Kathleen Hansma is a strategic communicator and passionate publicist with an entrepreneurial spirit. Her areas of expertise are in entertainment (film and television) and lifestyle brands. She can be contacted on LinkedIn or @kathleenhansma on Twitter and Instagram.
OCTOBER 24, 2017 –
By Kathleen Hansma
As a freelance publicist who has contemplated opening my own PR firm, I was ...
- AGM Recap October 5, 2017 On Wednesday September 27 members of CPRS Toronto gathered at the Mill Street Brewery for the 2017 Annual General Meeting. In addition to a presentation by political commentator Scott Reid, CPRS Toronto Co-Presidents Erica Silver, MA, APR and Danielle Kelly, APR presented a year-end report.
Highlights of the report include:
Incredible member achievements from new APR, PRK ...
- The Future of Public Relations September 12, 2017 This post was written by CPRS Toronto’s Director of Education, Heath Applebaum, ABC. Heath is the President of Echo Communications and a professor at University of Guelph-Humber, teaching strategic communications.
On August 15, I had the distinct pleasure of moderating the inaugural Future of PR event, where an all-star panel of corporate, agency and academic thought ...
- Welcome New Members! August 17, 2017 NATIONAL MEMBERS
Laura Fixman, Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario
Duncan Koerber, Ryerson University
Obinn Okwelume, Kojo Janitorial Solutions
John Thibodeau, Media Profile
- September 27, 2017 Annual General Meeting July 19, 2017 The Board of Directors for the Canadian Public Relations Society Toronto (CPRS Toronto) is pleased to inform all voting members of the date and time of the 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
DATE: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
TIME: 6:00 pm – Registration
- Event Recap – Unprecedented Crisis: Fort McMurray Wildfire July 3, 2017 On June 20, CPRS Toronto partnered with the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) to host some of the key players in the dramatic Fort McMurray wildfire response and recovery, including representatives from the Canadian Red Cross, IBC and former members of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The panel was full of engaging stories and frank insight ...
- Remembering Krys Potapczyk July 3, 2017 This post is written with great sadness. As many of you may now be aware, CPRS Toronto is mourning the loss of Krys Potapczky, APR, FCPRS. Krys was an active member of CPRS, having most recently been Chair of the Accreditation in 2016.
Krys lost a hard-fought battle with cancer in late-June, 2017. The CPRS Toronto ...
- Welcome New Members! June 27, 2017 NATIONAL MEMBERS
Monica Aza, FCT
Sheri De Carlo, Savvy Communique
Lisa Duarte, Region of Peel
Jamie Ellerton, Conaptus Ltd.
Tori Gass, Toronto Hydro
Kathleen Hansma, smitten creative boutique
Jeanette Jones, Jones Communications Inc.
Erin Lemon, University of Toronto
Victoria Oilers, GoldFenix Communications
Robin Smith, Greater Toronto Port Authority
Gail Strachan, Novo Nordisk Canada Inc.
Christina Stroud, BASF Canada
Tremayne Gomes, Centennial College
Dylan Peters, Carleton University
Anthony Savonarota, York ...
- New CPRS National research explores the future of public relations in Canada June 12, 2017 On June 7, after a successful national conference that gathered over 300 practitioners, the Canadian Public Relations Society released a much anticipated white paper by CPRS Toronto member Daniel Tisch, of Argyle Public Relationships.
The paper, The elevation of public relations: A discussion paper on a profession’s present – and its possible future, was written in collaboration with ...