- New CPRS National research explores the future of public relations in Canada June 12, 2017 On June 7, after a successful national conference that gathered over 300 practitioners, the Canadian Public Relations Society released a much anticipated white paper by CPRS Toronto member Daniel Tisch, of Argyle Public Relationships.
The paper, The elevation of public relations: A discussion paper on a profession’s present – and its possible future, was written in collaboration with ...
- June Co-Presidents’ Message June 5, 2017 Though it has begun as cloudy and rainy, Spring has brought with it some incredible accomplishments and successes from our CPRS Toronto members.
We want to raise our glasses to all the recipients of this year’s ACE Awards. It was an evening filled with friends, networking and laughter, and a wonderful celebration of success and outstanding ...
- CPRS Toronto’s Doris Whiteside Award winners share tips for success in PR school May 25, 2017 Education Chair and Board Member Heath Applebaum recently caught up with each of the seven outstanding 2016 recipients of the Doris Whiteside Award. The awards are given to one deserving student at each Toronto public relations program annually, who exemplifies both academic excellence and outstanding leadership qualities. To qualify, students must be members of CPRS ...
- Welcome New Members! March 23, 2017 NATIONAL MEMBERS
Robyn Adelson,Weber Shandwick
Susan Atkinson, Sheridan College
Mandy Bortolussi, Busch Systems International Inc.
Valerie Brive-Turtle, Corby Wine and Spirit
Shaun Brockman, Kids Help Phone
John Bugailiskis, City of Toronto
Jefferson Darrell, Ontario Science Centre
Michelle Dias, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Dalia Kimmel, North Strategic
Kimberley Larkin, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Tiffany Lobb, AECOM Canada Ltd.
Lindsey McCulloch, Canadian Beverage Association
Lisa Pasquin, Craft Public Relations
- No Such Thing as Generic Influence March 20, 2017 On February 28, 2017 Boyd Neil moderated a CPRS Toronto panel discussion entitled Navigating the Social Influencer Sphere. Check out his thoughts on the discussion on his personal blog
- Staying ahead of the curve March 18, 2017
With the public relations profession currently confronted with the need for profound change and adaptation, CPRS members are sure to find value in a speech by CPRS Toronto Board of Director and Chair of Education, Heath Applebaum. Applebaum delivered a keynote address to students and faculty in the McMaster University, Master of Communications Management program that sparked rich discussion.
Applebaum shared his insights into the ...
- Tips on Navigating the Social Influencer Sphere March 5, 2017 By Rosita Chakardan
As PR professionals, we are constantly striving to communicate our brand’s message in a meaningful and impactful way to engage our audience. So when I received an invitation from CPRS to hear their panel of experts speak about the growing significance of social influencers, I jumped at the opportunity to learn more.
- ACE Award Judging – An Interview With Vincent Power February 21, 2017 ACE Award Judging – An Interview With Vincent Power
What is your approach when judging the ACE Award submissions?
I look to be told a story, a story whose framework is based on the RACE formula (Research, Analysis, Communication and Evaluation). The story may have a preamble (a paragraph or so that serves as an overview of ...
- Welcome New Members! February 9, 2017 AFFILIATE MEMBERS
Walid Abou-Hamde, Humber College
Gemma Adams, Humber College
Katrina Adderson, Humber College
Tayyaba Anwar, Centennial College
Melis Bagci, Humber College
Kaela Beaton, Centennial College
Rheanna Bulger, Mohawk College
Fernando Carneiro, Ryerson University
Zachary Carreiro, Humber College
Neelam Champaneri, Humber College
Paulina Cias, Seneca College
Laura Condie, Humber College
Marlene de Leon, Centennial College
Sarita Dhaka, Centennial College
Via Dulay, Centennial College
Bethany Durigon, Humber College
- Where are they now? February 3, 2017 Featuring Charzie Abendanio, Account Coordinator at APEX Public Relations Inc. and past President of the CPRS Toronto Student Steering Committee 2015-2016
What did you enjoy most about being on the SSC?
What I looked forward to the most when being part of the SSC team was the opportunity to meet students from across the GTA during the ...