On September 24, CPRS Toronto both wrapped up its previous year with an AGM and launched a new year with its open house.
This year we’re doing things a little differently in that we have two presidents sharing the task.
We know it will be a busy year, so a few weeks ago, the board met to strategize for the coming year.
Here are four of the highlights.
- Our plan includes a focus on membership, including retention. A great membership perk that was added at National in the last year was Perkopolis. You’ll get access to hotel, Via, events, Cineplex discounts and so much more – all for free under your membership.
2. Member communications
- Increasing the amount of content on our site that’s relevant to PR practitioners is a priority, including having an e-newsletter every month.
- Of course, we’re always looking for content so if you’d like to be a contributor, please be sure to send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Professional development
- We heard in the member survey that this is one of the main areas where members find value. Over the last year, we’ve created a lot of momentum and we want to continue with that so we are open to suggestions.
- Our next event is on October 15 – Why Digital Content Marketing Needs Public Relations.
4. Global Alliance Conference
- And in May 2016, CPRS Toronto in conjunction with CPRS Hamilton is hosting Communication Across Cultures.
- It’s the first time that the Global Alliance for PR is hosting their international conference in Canada, right here at the Westin Harbourfront Hotel in Toronto.
- So mark your calendars for May 29-31, 2016 when we’ll host the world. A number of keynote speakers and workshop sessions are planned.
- We’ll also be working closely with CPRS National to find speakers and volunteers for the event. Watch for more details coming soon!
As we launch into the new year, we have an open invitation to all members. We are all volunteers, and we need the energy, ideas and enthusiasm our members to be successful. Drop any of the board members a line if you are considering becoming a member of the board or volunteering.
And here’s to a great year!